Zakaz was one of the islands that were attacked by the Vrai in the Vrai War. A Vrai named Jacques later referred to the attack on Zakaz in a discussion with his commanding officer: Jacques told his commanding officer that he did not have as much faith in the abilities of the Vrai cruisers as he did, because of "what happened at Zakaz", implying that the Vrai cruisers' performance in the battle left much to be desired.
In 100,079 CMT, the Toa-Skakdi War was instigated by the Brotherhood of Makuta for a now-forgotten reason. Because the conflict was primarily between the Toa and Skakdi species, much of the fighting took place on Zakaz, the Skakdi's homeland. The Toa Yerta were among the Toa who went to fight on Zakaz. During this period, Kakamu sent his assistant Mocax to Zakaz to retrieve a Nektann power core. Mocax succeeded in retrieving the power core and attempted to steal a boat to escape, but was stopped by Rabot, who took the Matoran as a prisoner of war. However, Mocax escaped and left Zakaz for Destral.
In 100,080 CMT, Blackout devastated Zakaz with a T-4 missile during his takeover of the Matoran Universe. He then brainwashed most of the Matoran Universe's Matoran and ordered them to dismantle all of its buildings and use the materials to build Darkmount, so whatever was left of Zakaz was likely dismantled and used to aid in the construction project.
- Assumed location history according to BS01
- Tales of the Vrai War | Chapter 3: The Battle Begins
- Timeline (revision on 14:38, June 20, 2013): "Year 100,079: (Note: The events of these six months were erased due to Blackout's use of the Vahi Cube.) [...] The Toa-Skakdi war is instigated by Kakamu, at Malygos' request. [...] Year 100,080: Blackout swiftly takes over the Matoran Universe, and brainwashes the Matoran into building Darkmount."
- Rabot (OU) (revision on 13:21, Oct 28, 2011): "[Rabot] formed a Toa team, the Toa Yerta, and went to fight in the Toa/Skakdi War created by Blackout and Malygos. There he briefly encountered Mocax, who kicked him back."
- : "Kakamu put his assistant in harm's way again some time later by ordering him to retrieve a Nektann power core on Zakaz. At this time, the Toa-Skakdi War was raging, so Mocax had to avoid aggressors from both sides. After snatching the core, he attempted to steal a boat to escape the island, but was stopped by Toa Rabot. [...] He was captured by Rabot as a prisoner of war, but escaped through his own resourcefulness. After journeying to Destral instead of Nynrah, he lingered for a bit tampering with motorbikes."
- T-4 missile (revision on 10:06, Apr 03, 2013): "The T-4 missile is a weapon used by the Brotherhood of Makuta during Blackout's takeover of the universe. They were used to devastate Zakaz and Nynrah."
- Darkmount (revision on 16:43, Feb 10, 2012): "When Blackout discovered that the Matoran Universe would soon become uninhabitable, he ordered every building to be disassembled and used the materials to build Darkmount. [...] Malygos later teleported to it, and asked about the whereabouts of the Homunculi, the necromancers of Scholomance, and the Metru Nui Matoran. Blackout responded by saying that all the beings in the Matoran Universe now lived onboard Darkmount."