Voya Nui (OU)
|Points of Interest|
Voya Nui was part of the Southern Continent of the Matoran Universe until a cataclysm caused it to break off from the mainland, blast through Mata Nui's outer shell, and settle on the surface of Aqua Magna as an independent island. One day, the foundations of one of Voya Nui's coastal villages collapsed, which caused the area to break off from the rest of the island and sink beneath the waves. This settlement came to be known as Mahri Nui.
At some point between 99,080 CMT and 100,060 CMT, Zev Raregroove travelled to the Green Belt of Voya Nui, only to be followed by Blackout aboard the Nemesis. Blackout defeated several Hollows and proceeded to bomb the Green Belt out of existence with the Nemesis' arsenal of fusion bombs, which prompted Zev to rename the devastated region the "Grey Belt".
In 100,079 CMT, Vorahk-Kah, Motrokh, and Muta moved into the Piraka Stronghold on Voya Nui and founded their new organization, the Fellowship of Kakamu, there. They began capturing people who used to know Kakamu, like Rabot, and took them to the Piraka Stronghold to interrogate them. The Fellowship of Kakamu established a new base of operations elsewhere when the Piraka Stronghold was destroyed in an unrecorded event.
As part of their mission to save the life of Mata Nui, the Toa Mahri intended to sever the cord that anchored Voya Nui to the base of the Matoran Universe in order to return the island to its original position in the center of the Southern Continent. Due to the fact that it was later established that Shinobi-Nui was left as the only remaining island on the surface of Aqua Magna after the destruction of the island of Mata Nui, it can be assumed that the Toa Mahri succeeded in this part of their mission and Voya Nui was returned to its original position in the Matoran Universe. Its status after the Matoran Universe was dismantled and rebuilt into Darkmount is unknown.
- Background information from BS01 that is also assumed to be canon in BZPB
- Blackout (OU) (revision on 16:03, June 1, 2012): "On one occasion, [Blackout] defeated Zev, but then was seriously injured himself by the Vortixx Faust. Zev then travelled to the Green Belt of Voya Nui, only to be followed by Blackout, who defeated several Hollows and bombed the Green Belt out of existence, prompting Zev to rename it the Grey Belt."
- Fusion bomb (revision on 16:03, June 1, 2012): "Fusion bombs are powerful weapons used by Blackout. They were used by the Nemesis to destroy the Green Belt of Voya Nui."
- Vorahk-Kah (revision on 15:00, Feb 21, 2012): "[Vorahk-Kah, Motrokh, and Muta] took over the Piraka Stronghold on Voya Nui (Now part of the Southern Continent) and formed the Fellowship of Kakamu. Vorahk-Kah became the leader. They began capturing people who used to know Kakamu, like Rabot. When the Matoran Universe was made uninhabitable, Muta teleported Vorahk-Kah, himself and Motrokh into the space in-between dimensions".
- Fellowship of Kakamu (revision on 12:59, Oct 28, 2011): "The Fellowship of Kakamu HQ was destroyed."
- Shinobi-Nui (revision on 16:35, Jan 10, 2012): "Shinobi-Nui is an island on Aqua Magna. After the destruction of the island of Mata Nui, it is the only remaining land mass on the planet."
- Darkmount (revision on 16:43, Feb 10, 2012): "When Blackout discovered that the Matoran Universe would soon become uninhabitable, he ordered every building to be disassembled and used the materials to build Darkmount."