Starok is egocentric and ambitious, stopping at nothing to get what he wants. He is also overconfident to the point that he has no fear for his enemies, no matter how powerful or dangerous they are. Despite this, he is far too trusting of his comrades and will recruit almost anyone who claims to be willing to serve him. He carries a jagged black and red sword which is partially made of crystal.
Starok was one of the original Makuta to be created by the Great Beings. He was a good friend of Ferox, and was particularly enthusiastic about creating new species to populate the Matoran Universe with. During the Vrai invasion of the MU, Starok disliked the Brotherhood's new responsibility to fend them off, as he believed that the Great Beings should create a new race of warriors to combat them instead as the Makuta were mostly scientists at the time. As if in response to this, the Elite Makuta were created, and after they dealt with the Vrai threat their leader, Blackout, joined the Brotherhood. Concurrently, Caiaphus was exiled for refusing to help them defeat the Vrai, something that enraged Starok. Starok felt threatened by having an Elite Makuta in the Brotherhood's ranks, and feared that he would soon take control, so he gathered a small group of Makuta he worked closely with. He proposed to these Makuta the plan of manipulating Destral's Kanohi Olmak to take them to another planet, where they could start the Brotherhood anew. Some agreed to go along with this idea, like Ordak and Kulnak, while some decided to stay behind but wished them luck, like Ferox. It worked, and the supporting Makuta were beamed onto Stelta-Stal to found the TrSBoM.
Starok built a base that rested on the planet's core. From here, he watched the development of the TrSBoM across the sector for around 150,000 years. During the Uterio War, he fell into a deep sleep, and was awoken by a telepathic message from Ferox. Ferox had forgotten that Starok was part of the TrSBoM and not the BoM, so he had requested several random Makuta, Starok included, to pick him up from an asteroid. Starok found that during the war all of his bases except one had been destroyed, and raged. With this, he woke Ordak, Kulnak and Kuli and demanded that they fetch Ferox to bring to him. After Kulnak reported that Ferox had already been picked up by Xintrix during the time they had been bickering, Starok changed his mind and decided that the TrSBoM should ally with Caiaphus instead. He had Ordak locate Caiaphus, and together they entered a wormhole to meet him on Malchior IV. After negotiations Caiaphus agreed to ally with them, and they took him to a Makuta armour construction facility on Fareste. Shortly after a new set of Makuta armour was created for Caiaphus, Starok sensed a new Makuta presence in the multiverse, and Ordak briefly entered his mind to confirm this. Starok was indeed correct, and the group traveled to the Mata Nui II through another wormhole and found the Matoran meditating in front of the new antidermis cloud. Upon spotting the Makuta, other Matoran raised the alarm and several transformed into Toa to combat the threat. Starok assisted the others in killing the Toa, and he escaped back to Fareste with Vultraz afterwards. However, they were immediately attacked by a large cloud of Parasitic Fluff which had been manifesting on the roof of the facility, but they managed to destroy it with the help of Caiaphus. Kuli and Vultraz were both killed by the cloud, but the two new Makuta he created survived, and named themselves Kivalon and Xikila.
Caiaphus then suggested that they travel to Ailyb-Gypte to gather intelligence on the Brotherhood of Makuta led by Blackout, and also to possibly form an alliance with the Osirians. While camouflaged, Starok spotted Ra outside his temple, so he telepathically requested a meeting with him. Not much was achieved during the conversation, so Starok left feeling disappointed. His disappointment turned to anger when he found out that Kulnak had been captured by the enemy, and that Ordak was nowhere to be seen. When Starok returned to Fareste, he found Ordak using the skeleton of a dead alien worker as armour, so he made him a new set. Caiaphus also appeared and suggested that they make an army to attack Neo Z'Traa and rebuild their former empire from there. Starok agreed, and he and Ordak used a pool of energized protodermis to build an army of Rahkshi.
Abilities & Powers
- Incomprehension - Starok's Kanohi mask, the Mask of Incomprehension, allows him to scramble and distort the speech of targeted beings.
- Absorption - Starok, like most other Makuta, can absorb other biomechanical beings to increase his size and strength.
- Shadow Energy - Starok can create elemental shadow blasts as a means of attack, as well as shadow constructs such as Shadow Hands.
- Kraata Creation - Starok, like most other Makuta, can create Kraata slugs of varying types, which can then be turned into Rahkshi through the use of Energized Protodermis.
- Kraata Powers - Starok has access to the full range of Kraata powers, enabling him to have increased accuracy, adapt instantly to new environments, induce anger, fire chain lightning, camouflage himself, induce confusion, create cyclones, create darkness, control the density of his body, disintegrate matter, dodge incoming attacks, elasticity, create an electrical field, induce fear, increased resistance to fire and ice, manipulate gravity, fire powerful eyebeams, drain the energy of victims, cast illusions, control insects, have limited invulnerability, manipulate magnetism, read minds, disrupt molecules, control plantlife, fire plasma, create poison, unleash a power scream, heal rapidly, control Rahi, shapeshift, shatter objects, mute sound, induce sleep and slowness, blast sonics, create stasis fields, teleport, create vacuums, and control the weather.
- Starok's name, position, and the TrSBoM itself were all created by JS. However, as Starok never appeared in the RPG in person, KoN decided to introduce him properly himself to complete the unfinished plot of the TrSBoM.