Squann was a Time Guardian who wielded the element of lightning.
Meeting with Quolas
In 150,084 CMT, Squann met with fellow Time Guardians Tianghu and Vexull outside a café on Nauru to discuss recent developments regarding the timeline of the universe. Squann said that he feared that Quolas had been killed because it had been such a long time since Quolas had last contacted them, but Vexull reassured Squann that Quolas must still be alive because they would have sensed him die if he had indeed been killed. The three Time Guardians then proceeded into the café and sat around a table, deciding to wait for Quolas there.
Moments later, Tianghu sensed through his telepathic connection with Quolas that someone or something had manipulated time to restore a member of TMV's family, TTT, to existence; a fact which greatly concerned Tianghu. Tianghu asked Squann and Vexull if they should investigate this temporal anomaly together, but Squann replied that the matter was better left to Quolas, even if his methods typically took a while to produce results.
Squann, Tianghu, and Vexull were still in the café when Quolas arrived via a spatial tear. As the gathered Time Guardians prepared to share and discuss what each of them had learned regarding the disappearance of the Living Stars, Malygos activated the Ascension Machine, absorbing all the ambient magic in the universe and greatly accelerating the natural course of events. Quolas decided to leave to follow this newfound temporal trail, bidding farewell to Squann, Tianghu, and Vexull as he departed.
Duel with Ascheron
Later that year, Squann, Tianghu, and Vexull travelled through a spatial tear to the bridge of the Assault Shadow to warn Gabriel Ascheron that his unsanctioned entry into Guf and his theft of the Fruit of Knowledge endangered the established timeline of the Republic of Luria and would have to be rectified. Ascheron, seeing himself as the sole determiner of the Republic's future, took offence to the Time Guardians' statement and declared that whoever was stronger between them would decide the fate of his empire. Ascheron then outplayed the Time Guardians by using their own element against them in the form of a time-weaving Prominence technique that sliced Vexull to ribbons before any of them could react. Shocked, Squann raised his sword and fired off bursts of lightning that surged all around the bridge, intending to cripple the Assault Shadow's systems while Tianghu channelled a continuous stream of fire through his sword at Ascheron himself. Ascheron disabled Tianghu by directing Prominence energy back through the stream of fire, creating an explosion that slammed him against the wall of the bridge, and proceeded to descend upon Squann with another Prominence technique. Ascheron crossed his Prominence blades to form an X as they tore through Squann's body, destroying his physical form and dispersing his internal energies, effectively killing him.
Abilities & Powers
- Lightning Generation: The elemental power that was bestowed upon Squann upon his induction into the Sha'lythe Sect was Lightning, enabling him to create intense blasts of lightning that could be channelled through his sword.
- Dimensional Slicing: Using his sword, Squann could create portals to other locations in time and space by "tearing" reality. He could also use it to seal tears created by himself and others.
- Communal Telepathy: Squann could telepathically communicate with any other Time Guardian or Living Star across space and time. However, he could not use this to locate them.
- Temporal Awareness: Squann could instantly detect any attempts made to alter the time stream, no matter when or where these attempts took place.
- Temporal Manipulation: Squann had the power to create future alternate timelines by manipulating events in the past, but he, like all Time Guardians, was forbidden from doing so without approval from several Living Stars.
- Squann was never named 'on-screen', only being referred to as the 'blue-hooded figure' and variations thereof. User:Kon named him with the creation of this wiki page on October 27th, 2018.