Two unidentified beings swimming through the Pit.
The Pit was an underwater prison in the Matoran Universe that housed some of its most dangerous criminals.
In 33,075 CMT, Blackout accessed the Order of Mata Nui's database and discovered the location of the Pit and the existence of the Users. In response to this knowledge, he formulated a plan and began recruiting minions for it.
In 33,105 CMT, Blackout gathered a group of Rahkshi and led an attack on the Pit, in which he killed the jailer and escaped with several prisoners, including Malygos, who then swore loyalty to him. The Order of Mata Nui assigned Sequar to investigate the attack on the Pit and assigned Hydraxon to replace the Pit jailer who was killed in the attack.
In 100,080 CMT, Blackout brainwashed most of the Matoran and commanded them to dismantle much of the Matoran Universe and use its materials to build Darkmount. Some locations, such as Metru Nui, were left intact but barren while others were dismantled completely, so it is unknown how affected the Pit was by the construction project, if at all.
- Assumed location history according to BS01
- Timeline (revision on 14:38, Jun 20, 2013): "Year 30,075: Malygos commits an unknown crime against the nobles of the world, and is placed in the Pit by Zev Raregroove. [...] Year 33,075: Blackout finds a secret database created by the Order of Mata Nui. He spends his spare time researching it, and eventually discovers the existence of the Users. He is enraged by this discovery, and plans revenge. Blackout begins recruiting an army of minions to help fulfil his plan. [...] Year 33,105: Blackout gathers a group of Rahkshi and leads an attack on the Pit, the location of which he previously learnt from the Order database he discovered 30 years earlier, kills the jailer, and escapes with several prisoners, including Malygos. [...] Year 33,110: An Order of Mata Nui operative discovers who broke Malygos out of the Pit, and attempts to inform his superiors. Before he can do this, however, he is killed by Blackout."
- Malygos (OU) (revision on 05:03, Dec 28, 2012): "[Malygos] swore his allegiance to Blackout after being imprisoned in the Pit by Zev Raregroove for his crimes against nobles of the world and freed".
- Sequar (revision on 10:43, Oct 27, 2011): "Sequar was an Order of Mata Nui member assigned to investigate the mysterious attack on the Pit. When he discovered that Makuta Blackout was responsible, he attempted to inform his superiors, but was killed."
- Unidentified Pit jailer (revision on 10:30, Oct 27, 2011): "This Order of Mata Nui member preceded Hydraxon as the Pit's jailer. Then Blackout raided the Pit, killed him, and broke out several prisoners, including Malygos."